AUTHOR(s): R. Al Mohler, Peter Enns, Michael Bird, Kevin Vanhoozer, and John Franke
PUBLISHER: Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Academic, 2013, (336 pages).
In setting the stage for the debates, editors Stephen Garrett and J Merrick bring together five prominent theologians from different theological schools to share their views on the following:
- How do they define Biblical inerrancy?
- What is their take on the CBSI statement with regards to 4 aspects?
- (1) God and his relationship to his creatures
- (2) the doctrine of inspiration
- (3) the nature of Scripture,
- (4) the nature of truth.
- How do they apply their views to three passages of Scripture?
- Joshua 6
- Discrepancy between Acts 9:7 and Acts 22:9
- Comparing Deuteronomy 20 with Matthew 5.